April 18, 2023
Oakville, Ontario is a beautiful suburban town in the Greater Toronto Area. Conveniently located, with easy access to the QEW, 401, 403, 407, the GO and VIA Rail, Oakville makes a great shopping destination. Whether you’re looking for high-end luxury items, unique local finds or discount shopping, Oakville has it all.
Here, we’ll explore some of Oakville’s premier shopping locations: Downtown Oakville, Kerr Village, Bronte Village, Oakville Place, and the Uptown Core.
Shopping gems of Downtown Oakville
Downtown Oakville is the heart of the town’s shopping scene. Offering a charming setting, with many heritage buildings and a picturesque waterfront, here you’ll find high-end boutiques, a wide variety of restaurants, art galleries, and more. Some shops worth a visit:
- Lemonwood (182 Lakeshore Rd E): an upscale boutique that focuses on clothing made of natural fibers such as silk, cashmere, linen, cotton, wool, bamboo, etc.
- Anthropologie (159 Lakeshore Rd E): unique boutique that specializes in women’s clothing, accessories, and home decor. Their products are known for their bohemian and vintage-inspired designs.
- Boa Boutique (125 Lakeshore Rd E): this trendy women’s clothing store offers a curated selection of stylish and unique clothing and accessories.
- Must Boutique (170 Lakeshore Rd E): a women’s clothing store offering a wide selection of styles and accessories.
- Flourish and Bask (245 Lakeshore Road East- Unit 2): specializes in everything needed for entertainment and mixing craft cocktails at home.
- Complete your shopping day with a snack of a meal from one of these placed voted to be some of the best in Oakville during out Talk of the Town Awards: Buca di Bacco, Verace Italian Restaurant, Black Forest Pastry Shop.
Explore more stores here.
Shop like a local in Kerr Village
Kerr Village is a trendy neighbourhood that’s popular with the local crowd. It offers a mix of vintage shops, cafes, award winning restaurants, and more, making it a great shopping destination.
Some Kerr Village Stores to consider:
- Kind Matter Company (282b Kerr St): This eco-friendly store offers sustainable lifestyle products, including personal care items, home goods, and gifts.
- Dove and Arrow (363 Kerr St): a charming lifestyle boutique that offers a carefully curated selection of clothing, jewelry, accessories, and home decor items. They also frequently host DIY workshops and events.
- My Back Shed (131 Kerr St unit a): This home decor store offers classic items, including furniture, lighting, and accessories.
- Take a break from shopping and grab a bite from a Kerr Village eatery, like Talk of the Town Award Winners, the Boot Social Pizzeria and J.A.C.s Bistro.
Explore more places to shop in Kerr Village.
Lakeside Shopping in charming Bronte Village
Bronte Village is on the waterfront and offers a mix of stores, restaurants, and cafes. It’s a great place to shop for unique gifts and souvenirs and enjoy a leisurely stroll by the water. Some top destinations in Bronte Village include:
- Lakeside Living Home Decor: specializes in providing home furnishings and accessories that capture the essence of peaceful lakeside living, allowing you to bring the serenity of the waterfront into your home.
- Goodmorning/Goodnight: specializes in exquisite and comfortable lingerie for daytime and nighttime wear.
- Simply Green Baby: offers a range of eco-friendly and sustainable baby products that prioritize children’s health and well-being without compromising style and functionality.
- Lana’s Boutique: showcases an exclusive clothing and accessories collection catering to chic and classic tastes.
- My Girlfriend’s Closet: an upscale consignment boutique that offers stylish and affordable clothing, shoes, and accessories for women.
- Sit down and enjoy a delicious meal at one of these Bronte restaurants and winners of Visit Oakville’s Talk of the Town Awards: Por Vida Mezcal & Mexican, Bronte Fish and Chips, Zara’s by the Lake.
Check out more shopping options in Bronte Village.
High-End Brands and Unbeatable Deals at Oakville Place
Oakville Place is a shopping destination located at 240 Leighland Ave, at the Trafalgar exit of QEW. It offers a mix of stores, cafes and restaurants. Some of the top stores in Oakville Place include: Hudson’s Bay, Sephora, and H&M. In addition to food and shopping, Oakville Place often features family-friendly events such as butter tart markets, cultural markets, as well as special event photos.
Learn more about Oakville Place stores here.
Discover the Vibrant Uptown Core
Uptown Core is a newer shopping area that has experienced significant growth in recent years. It offers a mix of big-box stores, including Walmart, Canadian Tire, Winners/Homesense, and Urban Barn, as well as smaller independent shops peppered across larger plazas. This area also features great cafes and bakeries, such as Aveiro Bakery, Odoo Cafe, Pur and Simple, and Maryleabone Cafe and Creamery.
Ready to shop?
With a variety of retailers, Oakville is a shopper’s paradise. Come for a visit and enjoy exploring Oakville’s neighborhoods. Better yet, make it into a short vacation by staying at one of Oakville’s cozy hotels over the weekend.