July 29, 2021
By: Lauren Lim
There’s something so special about becoming a tourist in your own hometown, and the long weekend is the perfect time to stay and support local! To help all of you plan your next stay, Oakville’s Quality Inn & Suites took some time to show us everything they’re doing to keep staff and visitors safe and comfortable.
Keep reading to learn more about this local hotel:
Where is it located?
It is located just off Highway 403 and boasts many attractions (iFLY Toronto, Dave & Busters etc.) and restaurants just minutes away.
Why should we book staycations?
In speaking with Gloriana Franco, Director of Sales and Marketing at Quality Inn & Suites, she said, “Staycations are a great opportunity to meet your community! There are so many things in Oakville we don’t even know about, and it’s great to support local.”
What are the current COVID-19 protocols?
Commitment to Clean protocols have been put in place to ensure the safety of all staff and guests.
- Housekeeping is now available upon request for uninterrupted relaxation and to give guests more options.
- For requested toiletries, call the front desk.
- Housekeeping will provide your items in a clean bag outside your door.
- Place used sheets and towels in that same bag, and leave them outside your room.
- For garbage to be taken out, place the in-room garbage bins along with all other garbage outside of your room to be thrown out and changed. The changed bin will be placed outside your room for you to take back at your convenience.
- The Quality Inn and Suites Oakville will not be accepting guests looking to quarantine. The hotel reserves the right to refuse service to any guest who they deem to be a risk to the health and safety of other guests or staff.
- Face masks and face coverings are required in all public common areas.
- Commitment to Clean Captains ensure new safety measures are being incorporated into hotel policy and being conducted thoroughly and safely.
- Hospital-grade disinfectants will be used for all high-traffic surfaces.
- Ecolab is the global leader in water, hygiene and infection prevention solutions and services. This partnership with Ecolab ensures that the latest research and infection prevention solutions are being communicated and put into practice.
- All room keys must be returned to the front desk for sanitization at the end of stay.
These suites come fully equipped with everything you may need to make your meals in-house! Guests are able to bring any food they wish – fresh fruit, vegetables, meat and more. All kitchenettes come with eating utensils, cooking utensils, a sink, dish soap and a sponge, a full fridge, a cutting board, an electric cook stove top, a microwave, pots and pans. Chairs surround a rounded table where you can eat from the comfort of your own room!
With just a five minute drive you’ll reach Farm Boy Oakville (Address: 1907 Ironoak Way), a fresh grocery store that carries high quality and natural organic foods. Many Oakville restaurants have also been creating take-home meal kits to have that dining experience in the comfort of your own home. This is the perfect way to support the local community in your next staycation!
All rooms have large windows allowing for lots of natural sunlight to brighten up the space.
Whether you’re looking for a queen sized bed or two double beds, the comfort level and ambience is just the same.
This bright and spacious meeting room currently holds a maximum of 20 people.
Chairs are kept 6 feet apart from each other and all guests and staff are required to wear a facemask or covering when inside the building. Against a wall you’ll see a refreshment bar, equipped with a variety of coffee and teas.
Quality Inn & Suites has recently reopened their free hot breakfast! The maximum capacity is 12 people, and you have the choice to sit inside or catch that morning sun on their peaceful outdoor patio.
Availability is dependent on a first-come first-served basis, and there’s no rush! There is no maximum dining time but remember to be respectful of other guests.
Current breakfast room hours:
Monday to Friday | 6 a.m. – 9 a.m.
Saturdays, Sundays and Holidays | 7 a.m. – 10 a.m.
Right outside the restaurant is their lobby. It is bright and spacious, equipped with a 24 hour coffee station and complimentary newspapers that you can enjoy lounging on the cushioned couches and chairs.
Quality Inn & Suites’ infrastructure is fully inclusive, including accessible ramps, bathrooms, and parking. Any and all concerns are covered.
For a full list of their amenities, click here, and double-check with the front desk for any changes.
Stay up-to-date with the latest in Oakville by subscribing to our monthly newsletter! Click here to sign up for insider info, first looks and monthly information about the best attractions, events and businesses in Oakville.