April 17, 2019
We could all benefit from thinking a little greener these days and Oakville is one of the best places to start! This Earth Day, come visit our innovative and original green stores, spas and restaurants for an environmentally friendly lifestyle refresh.
Keep reading to begin your green Oakville adventure (and don't forget to bring a reusable bag):
1. Green Beauty:
Stop polluting your skin and our water systems with harsh chemicals by transitioning to more natural makeup, brushes, scrubs, hair supplies and more at one of many Oakville green beauty suppliers!
- Eliminate single-use plastics with gabe+angel’s "bring-your-own-bottle" refill station or their simple shampoo/conditioner bars, and keep your skin clear with their all-natural makeup supply.
- Create your own all-natural scrubs, face masks, body butters and more at NuWorld Botanicals.
- Buy lip balm and lip/cheek tint that’s sold in wood containers, not plastic, from Maison Apothecare. They offer more skincare products, bath/body and aromatics all made from 100% pure plant-derived extracts.
Follow the link for more about shopping in Oakville: visitoakville.com.
2. Green Decor:
Looking for a sustainable way to style your home? Oakville has some of the most innovative home decor shops to keep you stylish and comfy without being harmful to the environment.
- Sleep sound with Dormio Organic Beds’ environmentally friendly mattresses made out of organic wool and cotton and 100% natural/organic latex. They also sell pillows, bedding and supplies for babies and kids.
- Don’t let amazing furniture go to waste by shopping second-hand at My Back Shed! This Oakville-based business sources and refurbishes amazing vintage and antique pieces of furniture into something that looks and feels brand new.
- Embrace the magic of cork for all your garden, kitchen, bathroom and accent furnishing needs at Oakville’s Cork House! Cork is a renewable natural material that is harvested to allow new bark to grow back without damaging the trees.
Follow the link to learn more about shopping for the home in Oakville: visitoakville.com.
3. Green Eats:
Taste-test some plant-based preferences, as Oakville has plenty of vegan restaurants to satisfy even those who have not made the transition!
- Bite into a big juicy burger at Boon Burger Cafe! This 100% guilt-free and plant-based establishment serves up some of the most flavourful vegan burgers you will ever eat and won the 2019 Visit Oakville Talk of the Town Award for Best Kid’s Menu.
- Those who are vegan and gluten-free will find a home at Lettuce Love Cafe, which offers homestyle favourites like Nachos, Pancakes, Reuben Sandwiches and OMG Grilled Cheese.
- Looking for some upscale eating? Dive into Community’s 100% plant-based lunch, dinner, brunch and catering menus that include Truffle Gnocchi, Mediterranean Flatbread, Sweet & Spicy Lettuce Cups and much more.
- Sink into sandwiches, bowls, baked goods and more at Dar Nabati, a 100% plant-based mediterranean cafe! You’ll find classic shawarma, falafel, flatbreads, cinnamon rolls and more.
Click the link for more dining options: visitoakville.com.
4. Green Spas:
Treat yourself to a spa day in Oakville without worrying about the harmful chemicals being used in your treatments.
- Bloom Organic Spa in Kerr Village offers a chemical-free clean air environment safe for people with sensitive skin, pregnant women, children and people with allergies. Book an appointment for sugaring, facials, massages or a mani/pedi at this local luxury.
- Specialize your appointment to your needs at gabe+angel. Target specific skin conditions with their organic green facials, find new length with their vegan lash extensions and revitalize your digits with their all-natural removers, polishes and scrubs.
- There’s no other nail bar we’d recommend than Yellow Door Studio in Downtown Oakville. Pamper and primp your nails with their non-toxic polishes while sipping a complimentary tea or espresso.
- Sign up for a full body treatment at Pretty in Pink Spa, where you can indulge in massage, manicure, facial, hair removal and make-up services featuring natural, clean and organic products.
Find more info about local spas here: visitoakville.com.
5. Green Fashion:
Start reducing your carbon footprint by making the most out of good quality clothes headed for the dumpster. Make a little money while you shop at any of these trendy consignment boutiques by also bringing in your gently used clothing.
- Find one-of-a-kind marked down Gucci, Manolo Blahnik and Louboutins at By Consignment! This upscale resale store sells mint condition designer bags, jackets, shoes, jewellery and accessories fit for the rich and famous.
- Stay up-to-date with trendy in-season fashions available at Bronte Village’s My Girlfriend’s Closet. You’ll find the perfect piece for any occasion at this small boutique that carries brands such as Coach, Michael Kors, BCBG, Lululemon, Stuart Weitzman and more.
- Still haven’t found what you’re looking for? Try Second Chance, an upscale consignment store that has brought brands like Prada, Burberry, Valentino and more to Downtown Oakville since 1984.
- Being a parent can also be sustainable with the help of Simply Green Baby in Bronte Village. This retailer sells bedding, decor, bath, diapering, clothing, toys, nursing equipment and more that is safe, organic, eco-friendly and non-toxic.
Follow the link for more information about shopping in Oakville: visitoakville.com