May 25, 2017
Position Title: Visit Oakville Canada 150 Coordinator
Pay: $12.07 per hour
Job Type: Part-time contract (approximately 30 hours per week)
Job Duration: 14 weeks
Location: Town Hall
Oakville welcomes well over one million visitors to town each year, and summer is peak visitor season. This season is extra exciting, with Canada 150 activities and events planned. The 150 Coordinator will assist in organizing, promoting and raising awareness of these activities.
Visit Oakville Canada 150 Coordinator duties include:
- Reviewing, writing and creating marketing materials.
- Promoting Canada 150 events/exhibits through marketing collateral.
- Assisting in a Canada 150 social media campaign.
- Supporting the Visit Oakville Ambassadors in promoting Canada 150.
- Assisting in vendor (graphic design, printer) management.
- Assisting in the maintenance of visitoakville.com.
- Supporting the delivery of an exceptional visitor experience.
- Other duties as required.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Education in public relations, communications and/or marketing.
- Strong skills in communications, research, planning and execution.
- Exceptional writer and editor.
- Skilled in Word, Excel, PowerPoint and desktop publishing/design.
- Experience with social media and marketing campaigns
- Experience in tourism and knowledge of the Oakville area would be an asset.
- Organized, detail-oriented, creative.
Interested candidates can send resumes to:
We appreciate your interest, but no phone calls please.