February 7, 2017
'Tis the season for chocolates, flowers and pink hearts galore. Valentine’s Day is nearly upon us. Have you decided how you and your sweetheart will celebrate?
Let us help with 10 Valentine’s ideas that are sure to leave your loved ones swooning.
- Wake your partner with a fresh coffee and their favourite pastry from one of Oakville’s many cafes and bakeries. An early morning surprise will leave your loved one feeling giddy all day.
- Sweet treats are the way to anyone’s heart. And you cannot go wrong with cupcakes! Stop by Cupid’s on Upper Middle Road or Sweetbites in Downtown Oakville on your way home from work. Their irresistible desserts do not disappoint.
- Bundle up and enjoy each other’s company with a quiet stroll along the lake in Bronte.
- Indulge in a meal together at one of our many restaurants. Whether the perfect meal to you is a candle lit dinner, comfort food in a casual pub or take-out to eat on the couch in pajamas, we’ve got a restaurant for everyone’s taste. Click here for a full list of Oakville restaurants.
- Surprise your honey with tickets to see a show at the Oakville Centre for the Performing Arts. Think of it as a double whammy, a gift now and a planned date in the future…you’ll win bonus points for this one.
- Want to try something a bit out of the ordinary with your date? Get your hearts even more a flutter with indoor skydiving at iFly. This adrenaline pumped date will be one to remember.
- For the couples who love to get active together, take a winter hike along one of Oakville's many hiking trails.
- Peruse Kerr Village and all the unique shops together. There’s no better way to get to know your partner/future partner than to try your hand at shopping together.
- Plan a romantic night away with your significant other. Book a room at one of our fabulous hotels and spend the evening away from the hustle and bustle of daily life.
- Get pampered together. Schedule a massage at one of Oakville’s spas and spend some quality time simply relaxing.
Happy Valentine's Day