April 14, 2015
Oakville Tourism Partnership (Visit Oakville) is hiring seasonal part-time contract positions.
Position Title: Visit Oakville Ambassador
Reports to: BIA (Bronte, Downtown, Kerr) Executive Directors
Pay: $11 per hour
Job Type: Part-time contract (approximately 24 hours per week, includes weekends and holidays)
Job Duration: Late May – Labour Day
Location: Bronte Village, Downtown Oakville and/or Kerr Village
Oakville welcomes approximately 1 million visitors to town each year and summer is peak visitor season.
Visit Oakville Ambassadors will provide friendly, helpful service to visitors and residents, contributing to a pleasurable visit and leaving a positive impression of Oakville. Visit Oakville Ambassadors duties will include:
Providing exceptional visitor services
- Greeting and welcoming visitors and residents
- Listening and responding to visitor questions
- Providing detailed information on/referrals to:
- Where to eat, stay, shop
- Events and attractions
- Locations and directions
Collecting visitor information
- Keeping records and daily log sheets
- Managing the visitor guest book
- Coordinating a visitor survey
Overseeing the Visit Oakville information booth
- Maintaining a safe and attractive booth at all time
- Stocking informational brochures
- Other duties, as needed.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and customer service skills are essential
- A thorough knowledge of the Oakville community
- Excellent computer skills including internet applications such as Google maps
- Positive, self-motivated and dependable
- A valid driver’s license is an asset
Successful candidates will need to be available two weekdays in mid-May for training and to work the Victoria Day, Canada Day, Civic Holiday and Labour Day weekends.
Interested candidates can send resumes to:
We appreciate your interest but no phone calls please.