The Oakville Golf Club is a private, year-round, member-owned Club located in the heart of Oakville. The Club provides quality facilities and a high level of professional services to enhance the enjoyment of the golf, dining and social activities offered to its Members, their families and guests.
The Oakville Golf Club is a private nine-hole golf club established in 1921 when the Town of Oakville only had 3289 residents. It is built on land owned by the father of one of the founders of the local school known today as St Mildred's-Lightbourn. This land had been leased for years by a local butcher, Bill Buckle, to graze his cows, pigs and sheep. Buckle's Butcher Shop, which he opened in 1903, was at the corner of Lakeshore and Dunn in downtown Oakville.