Recreation Centres and Arenas
The following amenities will be reopening under new provincial COVID-19 safety protocols:
- Oakville Museum for pre-booked activities.
- Sir John Colbourne Recreation Centre for Seniors
- Glen Abbey, Iroquois Ridge, Trafalgar Park and Oakville Trafalgar fitness centres for individual, physically distanced workout sessions by appointment only
- Trafalgar Park and Oakville Trafalgar community centre walking tracks for pre-booked activities
- All community centres for limited pre-booked activities and modified use
- Glen Abbey, River Oaks, Sixteen Mile Sports Complex and Joshua’s Creek arenas – team sports are limited to training only, with no scrimmages or games.
- Sir John Colbourne Seniors Centre for pre-booked activities
- Playgrounds, play structures (e.g. swings, slides, climbers) and outdoor exercise equipment marked open. Public health officials recommend you bring hand sanitizer with you when visiting the playground.
- Iroquois Ridge, Glen Abbey, Oakville Trafalgar and QEPCCC indoor pools for pre-booked drop-in activities and registered programs
- ServiceOakville counter for some in-person payments, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Cash payments are not accepted at the ServiceOakville counter
- Oakville Transit public services available at ServiceOakville counter
- Oakville Public Library moved into Stage 3 and rall branches are open with adjusted services
- Park greenspaces and trails
- Community gardens until October 31
- Town-owned cemeteries
- Town-owned leash-free dog parks and their parking lots
- All parking lots are open with the exception of Aspen Forest Park and the south sports field parking lot at Westoak Trails Park which remain closed at this time.
- Certain areas surrounding lakefront parks are subject to increased fines. If park parking lots are full, please consider coming back another time.
- Towne Square washroom is open year round from 7 a.m. to 11 p.m.
- Fisherman’s Warf washroom is open year round from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Harbours and boat storage facilities
- Bronte and Shipyard public boat launch ramp, Busby canoe and kayak launch ramp. Ramps close November 1
- Publicly accessible multi-use sport-fields (areas not locked and enclosed with fencing) are open to individuals and for casual play
- Tennis, bocce ball and pickleball courts. Nets removed beginning November 16
- Skateboard parks
- Basketball courts. Nets removed beginning November 16
- Pre-booked culture activities at QEPCCC:
- Independent Work Sessions for Adults (Woodworking and Ceramic Studios only)
- Pre-booked All Ages Ceramic (Saturdays only)
- Culture Days: Pre-booked Culture Days activities at QEPCCC, Oakville Museum and Iroquois Ridge
Continue to adhere to the provincial policies of social distancing when exploring Oakville.
Canlan Ice Sports
2300 Cornwall Road
Glen Abbey Community Centre
1415 Third Line
Iroquois Ridge Community Centre
1051 Glenashton Drive
Joshua’s Creek Arena
1663 North Service Road East
363 Warminster Drive
Maple Grove Arena
2237 Devon Road
Trafalgar Park Community Centre
133 Rebecca Street
River Oaks Community Centre
2400 Sixth Line
Sixteen Mile Sports Complex
3070 Neyagawa Boulevard
YMCA of Oakville
410 Rebecca St.
Joshua Creek Tennis
1011 Upper Middle Road
Queen Elizabeth Park Community and Cultural Centre
2302 Bridge Road