Monday, September 21, 2020 - Sunday, September 27, 2020
What is Buildathon?
- Buildathon is a week-long online STEM activity starting September 21, 2020, for students in grades 8 to 12.
- Building materials will be available for pickup on September 19, 2020.
- The challenge will be revealed on September 20, 2020.
- The event simulates some of the issues that our FIRST Robotics Competition team members experience each January at the start of their competition season.
- Participants work individually to complete a challenge assigned at the beginning of the week.
- All required materials will be supplied, and participants may only use the materials supplied.
- There is no fee to participate.
- At the end of the week, participants will attend a virtual meeting to show the system they have built to the judges. They will be asked to discuss their design decision-making process, report the performance accomplishments of the system they have built, and show a picture and short video demonstrating their system in action.
- Points will be awarded based on several criteria and prizes will be awarded.
- The cutoff date for registering to participate is September 11, 2020.
- Experienced robotics team members will be available to answer questions about Buildathon and also provide information about the team.
For more information, please visit: https://1360.ca/events/buildathon/