June 26, 2021
Visit Oakville’s Digital Tourism Ambassadors are returning for another summer of online guidance helping locals, and eventually regional travellers, explore Oakville safely.
Karisa Simon and Lauren Lim will be taking over our blog and social media accounts every Thursday and Saturday with new content about everything Oakville has to offer as we reopen.
Follow along with their adventures every week and keep reading below to learn more about your guides for safe summer fun:
Hi Oakville! You may recognize me from last year’s Digital Ambassador Program where I shared weekly content with you about the best places to visit in Oakville. If you don’t remember me, ouch. Let me re-introduce myself. My name is Karisa and I am so excited to be back as a Digital Ambassador!
I love to travel and visit new places. I love to explore new things, new places, new food, new views and meet new people. Whenever I am on an adventure, I always take my sidekick (my camera) with me.
Besides photography, I love all things media. I love media so much, that I enrolled in the University of Guelph-Humber’s Media Studies Program in 2016 and have been pursuing my passion ever since!
Oakville is such a special place and it has so much to offer. From world-class entertainment to breathtaking views of Lake Ontario, there is truly something for everyone to enjoy. This summer, these are the top five things I want to explore in Oakville:
- Explore the shopping scene: There are many small business shops and boutiques in Oakville. I can’t wait to wander through the BIAs and shopping malls.
- Find food gems: Oakville has a great culinary scene. Coffee and pizza are my favourite foods and I am excited to explore restaurants that serve these tasty treats.
- Relax at a spa: There are many benefits to unplugging and taking a break from the stresses of daily life. I can’t imagine doing so anywhere other than a spa in Oakville.
- Visit a historical monument/building: Did you know that some of the original buildings in Downtown Oakville and Bronte Village are still standing today? I would love to explore other historical buildings and landmarks in Oakville.
- Take a class: I like to learn and be creative. There are many art studios in Oakville, and I would love to attend one of their workshops.
COVID-19 has definitely adjusted the way we travel and experience things with friends. That’s where I come in. This summer I will show regional visitors and Oakville residents how to safely explore the amazing things that Oakville has to offer.
Follow Visit Oakvilles’s Instagram, Twitter and Facebook accounts, and tune into their blog to see how I explore Oakville this summer.
Hey Oakville! My name is Lauren and it’s so nice to virtually meet you.
Some quick facts about me:
- I have a strong passion for the arts – DIYs, watercolours, drawing, singing – you name it!
- I can eat a two-bite brownie in one bite
- I like my guacamole so sour my jaw hurts (it’s just part of the experience)
- I love finding hidden gems within my community
- I am SO excited to be one of your Digital Ambassadors for 2021
I used to be completely enamoured with travelling internationally. I spent hours researching destinations halfway across the world and making bucket lists with friends, but I never made an effort to see what my own city had to offer. Maybe you can relate a little bit?
There are so many amazing recreational areas, small businesses, events and more to explore right here in Oakville. I can’t wait to guide you through them the next couple of weeks, so make sure you’re following us on our socials!
Here are five local places/activities I’m so excited to explore:
- Blondie’s Pizza: “Kneaded for your needs, our from-scratch, fermented dough bakes into a beauty of a pie.” I mean, need they say more?
- Plato’s Closet: Sustainable fashion at a low price = A dream
- Nottinghill Park: Summertime just hits different when you’re surrounded by birds chirping, beautiful florals and a warm breeze
- Crackpot Studio: Time to get our hands dirty with their wheel workshops, clay classes, and paint-at-home kits
- FarEastTaco: Asian fusion tacos and fries? Sign me up
This summer may look a little different, but that just means we’ll have to get a little creative and make our own adventures locally.
Thanks so much for dropping by! I can’t wait to see all the memories we’ll make 😊