June 24, 2015
The Town of Oakville and Tim Hortons are proud to present the Oakville Children’s Festival — an arts and culture playground for kids of all ages! Enjoy FREE live performances and fun events including interactive cultural activities that are sure to make your child’s eyes light up and put a smile on your face. Join us for this very special event! Catch a free Oakville Transit bus from the Halton Regional Centre with stops at Bronte GO Station or ride your bike! Special bike parking will be available on site. Festival-goers are also reminded to bring a refillable bottle to enjoy fresh and free water from the water bar.
Main Stage Performances
- Cosima Grunsky at 10 a.m.
- The Backyardigans Musical Playdate at 11:30 a.m., 1:30 p.m. and 3:30 p.m.
- Gadfly dance show at noon and 2 p.m.
South Stage Performances
- Safari Science Reptile Show at 10 a.m.
- Toopy & Binoo’s Frank Meschkuleit at 11 a.m., 1 p.m. and 3 p.m.
- Street Magician and Illusionist Ray Chance at noon
- Safari Science Show at 2 p.m.
Other Performances Food Trucks
- MOTUS O dance theatre: A Fair Tale 10:30 a.m., 12:45 p.m., 2:45 p.m. and 4 p.m. Shows will take place under the tent on the grass field near the main stage.
- Zacada Circus Aerial Display 10:30 a.m., 12:30 p.m. and 2:30 p.m. Shows will take place on the grass field near the front entrance.
- Beaver Tails
- Blue Donkey Streatery
- Kool Jim's Ice Cream
- Likos Hawaiian Barbecue
- Luchardor Gourmet Streatery
- Meatball Shoppe
- Portobello Burger
- Southern Smoke Truck Inc.
- The Mighty Cob
- Tim Hortons tent featuring games and giveaways.
- Whole Food Market Oakville Craft and Refreshments
- Bring your own skateboards or scooters, and helmet and pads for use on the YMCA of Oakville skateboard ramp. Helmets are mandatory.
- Oakville Fire Education Station and antique fire truck
- Oakville Hydro bucket rides
- Take your pic in the Oakville Children’s Festival Giant Photo Frame
- Art and building workshops provided by Oakville Galleries, Queen Elizabeth Park Community and Cultural Centre, and Oakville Parent-Child Centre
- Arts and Culture groups: Oakville Museum, Oakville Centre for the Performing Arts, and Oakville Arts Council
- Oakville Public Library
- Halton Regional Police Service Cruiser
- Oakville Environmental Club and Oakville Canopy Club
- Kids Play Zone featuring Monkeynastix, Sport Oakville and Zorbit Sports
- Face painting, balloon animals and glitter tattoos by Par-T-Perfect
- Mural Art Station and Woodworking Activities
- Create and Build like an Engineer
- Teddybear Foundation
- Living Arts Centre
- Pancake breakfast by the Kinsmen Club of Oakville (opens at 9 a.m.)
- BBQ lunch by the Kinsmen Club of Oakville
Oakville Transit Shuttle Service
The free Oakville Transit shuttle service from the Halton Regional Centre (1151 Bronte Road) will begin at 9:30 a.m. with buses operating approximately every five minutes to and from the festival. The shuttle will also make a stop at Bronte GO Station (2104 Wyecroft Road) to accommodate out-of-town guests and public transit users. The last shuttle will leave Coronation Park at 5 p.m. All festival events will end by 4 p.m., so plan accordingly. Please note that there is no parking on site and on-street parking is limited.
Large crowds, noise, heat and excitement can be an unsafe environment for your pet. Visitors to the Oakville Children’s Festival are encouraged to leave their pets at home.
The Town of Oakville is committed to providing smoke-free outdoor spaces where kids play. In 2012, the Town of Oakville banned smoking within nine meters of all town-owned parks, playgrounds, splash pads, tennis courts, basketball courts, skateboard parks and playing fields.
Apply to be a volunteer with the Oakville Children's Festival!
The festival is looking for enthusiastic and engaged community members to support the event in the following key roles:
- Committee member volunteer (pdf, 60 kB)
- Day-of-event volunteer (pdf, 60 kB)
Please submit completed application forms to the festival Volunteer Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to spending the day with you! For general inquiries about the Oakville Children's Festival please email email@example.com.