Saturday, July 1, 2017
11:00 am - 11:00 pm
Bronte Heritage Waterfront Park
Happy 150th Birthday, Canada!
Join the Bronte Business Improvement Area for this FREE all-day family festival celebrating Canada’s 150th birthday!
Oakville’s Canada Day is presented by Lexus of Oakville and the over 200 business merchants of the Bronte Village Business Improvement Area with support from its sponsors.
This day-long event will feature activities for the whole family, including:
- Farmers’ Market on Ontario Street from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Vendor Village featuring local crafts and artisans
- Food vendors
- Music and performances all day long on three stages
- Bouncy castles
- At Home in Bronte Muskoka chair display
- A spectacular fireworks show over Lake Ontario
MAIN STAGE (in Bronte Heritage Waterfront Park)
- 12:00-1:00 p.m. Welcome/Nighthawk
- 1:30 -2:30 p.m. High Rendition Jazz Band
- 3:00-3:45 p.m. Opening Ceremonies
- 4:15-5:15 p.m. The Liverpool 4
- 5:45-6:45 p.m. The Danny Marks Band
- 7:15-8:15 p.m. Too Nice
- 8:45-9:50 p.m. True Patriot Love (Sheridan College)
- 10:00-10:15 p.m. Fireworks and simulcast on 102.9 K-lite
- 10:25-10:45 p.m. True Patriot Love (Sheridan College) – Encore
*Hosted by the Oakville Performing Arts Centre and InfinityComm
COGECO COMMUNITY STAGE (on Bronte Rd)
- 12:00 – 12:45 p.m. Welcome/D-Fex
- 1:00 -1:30 p.m. Morningstar Taekwon-Do
- 1:45 – 2:15 p.m. Keepin Time
- 2:30 – 3:00 p.m. D-Fex/Celeste Ireland
- 4:00 – 4:30 p.m. Capitol Behaviour
- 4:45 – 5:15 p.m. Steady Revival
- 5:30 – 6:00 p.m. Rock This Way
- 6:15 – 7:00 p.m. D-Fex/Closing Comments
*Hosted by D-Fex
NEW! CANADA 150 PAVILION STAGE (in Bronte Heritage Waterfront Park by the Pier)
- 11:00 – 11:30 a.m. Toopy & Binoo presented by RBC Insurance Oakville
- 11:45 – 12:00 p.m. Time Capsule Opening
- 1:00 – 1:30 p.m. Toopy & Binoo presented by RBC Insurance Oakville
- 2:30 – 3:00 p.m. Oakville’s Dance District
- 3:45 – 4:15 p.m. Oakville Suzuki Association
- 5:15 – 5:45 p.m. Art House
- 6:45 – 7:15 p.m. Canadian Caribbean Association of Halton
*Hosted by Arthouse
The event takes place on Bronte Road, south of Marine Drive and in Heritage Waterfront Park at the foot of Bronte Road and Ontario Street.
From East or West:
Take Queen Elizabeth Highway to Oakville exit Highway 25 South/Bronte Road south to Lakeshore Road West.
ALL DAY CLOSURE
- No access to Bronte Rd. south of Lakeshore Rd.
- *Local traffic only with a valid parking pass will be accepted
- Marine Dr. will also be closed Jones St. to Bronte Rd.
Evening Closures beginning at 8pm
- NEW: Bronte Rd. closed south of Rebecca St. to Lakeshore Rd.
- Jones St. and Nelson St. closed from Marine Dr. to Ontario St.
- Lakeshore Rd. from Mississauga St. to Third Ln.
- West River St closed
- All side streets parallel to Lakeshore Rd. will be closed from Bronte Rd. to Jones St. There will be no access to Bronte Road from:
- Hixon Street
- Belyea Street
- Sovereign Street
- There will be partial closures set up for these streets at Jones St. to permit local access only. No parking will be permitted on both sides of the above roads.
*Parking restrictions as indicated will be enforced. There will be no parking permitted south of Lakeshore in the Event Zone. Violators will be towed.
Pay the regular fare on the way in. Enjoy a free ride on your way home.
Think green, wear red and ride Oakville Transit from the Bronte GO Station to Oakville’s Canada Day 150th Celebration. The bus will leave approximately every six minutes starting at 10:50 a.m.
Pick up and drop off locations:
Bronte GO Station – Wyecroft Road
Bronte Cenotaph – Lakeshore Road, south side, west of Bronte Road
Oakville Transit will be operating Saturday service schedules on July 1, 2017. Visit oakvilletransit.ca for schedule and fares information.
Ride your bicycle
Want to take advantage of the summer weather? Ride your bike to the event and park it in our bike corral provided by Willson International.
This year’s bike corral is unguarded, please bring a secure lock to the event and use at your own risk.
- West Pier at Bronte Beach Park will be CLOSED all day due to flood conditions.
- East Pier in Bronte Heritage Waterfront Park will be CLOSED after 5 p.m. or in response to unsafe water levels.
- Please note: These measures are in place for public safety given the large number of people attending this Oakville wide event. Due to the high water levels in Lake Ontario and weather conditions, for public safety the piers may be closed all day. Fencing and signage along the piers will mark this closure.
Emergency services will be onsite during the event.
Visitors are encouraged to leave their pets at home.
Water refill stations will be available at the event.
Celebrate by tagging your posts to Facebook and Twitter with #OakvillesCanadaDay.
visit brontevillage.net for more information.